WELCOME TO CDI COMPUTERS Our computer technicians are always standing by ready to assist you with your computer repair needs, our computer repairs are both thorough and affordable. Come in and visit our repair shop and we will take care of all your computer needs.
Sometimes computers just stop working, and usually, it’s at the worst time possible. That’s where CDI Computers comes in. Whether it is a broken LCD screen, a failing hard drive in need of data recovery, bad RAM, faulty power supply; whatever it is, we can fix it.
We service all PC’s including; Lenovo, HP, Compaq, Dell, Gateway, Toshiba, Sony, Acer, and Asus as well as many other brands.
Our services include:
- Virus Removal
- Hard Drive Replacement and OS reinstall
- Data Recovery & Backup Solutions
- RAM, Hard Drive, and Optical Drive Upgrades
- Antivirus Installation/Removal
- Motherboard Replacement
- Cracked or Dead LCD Screen Replacements
- And More!
symptoms of an infected computer
- Slower Internet and Processing
- Browser pop-ups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
- Sudden Freezes & Crashes
- Error Messages
- Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Outgoing Emails
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
- Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.
Remember, your computer will not always show symptoms if it’s infected. Always perform regular system checks and virus scans to make sure your computer is clean. Also, practice preventive care. Never click on unfamiliar links in emails or pop-up ads to keep your computer safe from exposure.
Preventative Maintenance for Computers
Like many other pieces of technology, computers see constant wear and tear from being used. Simple things like downloading files, clicking on harmful sites by accident, and allowing dust to settle on the keyboard can build up to the computer slowing down and possibly being unusable. However, by running anti-malware programs, deleting files as needed, and cleaning out the dust on a computer, you can all prolong the lifespan of your computer for years of extra effective use. Whether they’re tasks that should be done every day, once a month, once a year, or only when needed, below is a list of maintenance tasks to perform to get the most out use of your computer.
- Try to get into a routine of backing up personal files, no one wants to lose projects you spent hours, if not days working on.
- Run a malware scan to stay on top of virus prevention. Depending on how frequently you use the computer you can get away with doing this once a week; more frequent computer users should do this daily.
- Check for updates every day so you don’t miss any crucial upgrades, nor will you have to spend hours installing dozens at a time if you procrastinate it.
- If you use your computer for many hours at a time during the day, then plan to restart it at least once. This way, temporary files won’t build up and slow down use over time.
- Never shut down by using the power button, always use the option from the start menu! Never leave your computer on overnight either to save electricity and to prevent wear-and-tear.