WELCOME TO CDI COMPUTERS Our computer technicians are always standing by ready to assist you with your computer repair needs.
Sometimes computers just stop working, and usually it’s at the worst time possible. That’s where CDI Computers comes in. Whether it is a broken LCD screen, a failing hard drive in need of data recovery, bad RAM, faulty power supply; whatever it is, we can fix it.
We decided to take our knowledge and experience and make it more available and affordable to the consumers. Come in and visit our repair shop and we will take care of all your computer needs.
We service all PCs including; Lenovo, HP, Compaq, Dell, Gateway, Toshiba, Sony, Acer and Asus as well as many other brands.
Our services include:
- Virus Removal
- Hard Drive Replacement and OS reinstall
- Data Recovery & Backup Solutions
- RAM, Hard Drive, and Optical Drive Upgrades
- Antivirus Installation/Removal
- Motherboard Replacement
- Cracked or Dead LCD Screen Replacements
- And More!
symptoms of an infected computer
- Slower Internet and Processing
- Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
- Sudden Freezes & Crashes
- Error Messages
- Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Outgoing Emails
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
- Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.
Remember, your computer will not always show symptoms if it’s infected. Always perform regular system checks and virus scans to make sure your computer is clean. Also, practice preventive care. Never click on unfamiliar links in emails or pop-up ads to keep your computer safe from exposure.
Preventative Maintenance for Computers
Like many other pieces of technology, computers see constant wear and tear from being used. Simple things like downloading files, clicking on harmful sites by accident, and allowing dust to settle on the keyboard can build up to the computer slowing down and possibly being unusable. However, by running anti-malware programs, deleting files as needed, and cleaning out the dust on a computer, you can all prolong the lifespan of your computer for years of extra effective use. Whether they’re tasks that should be done every day, once a month, once a year, or only when needed, below is a list of maintenance tasks to perform to get the most out use of your computer.
- Try get into a routine of backing up personal files, no one wants to lose projects you spent hours, if not days working on.
- Run a malware scan to stay on top of virus prevention. Depending on how frequently you use the computer you can get away with doing this once a week; more frequent computer users should do this daily.
- Check for updates every day so you don’t miss any crucial upgrades, nor will you have to spend hours installing dozens at a time if you procrastinate it.
- If you use your computer for many hours at a time during the day, then plan to restart it at least once. This way, temporary files won’t build up and slow down use over time.
- Never shut down by using the power button, always use the option from the start menu! Never leave your computer on overnight either to save electricity and to prevent wear-and-tear.
Interested in educating yourself on Preventative Maintenance and Virus Removal?
We offer training in both areas; Preventative Maintenance and Virus Removal. We will teach step by step on how you can maintain and prolong the lifespan of your computer.
A computer owner needs Virus Removal services at some point, and now you have the opportunity to invest in an education you can utilize as long as your a computer owner. Everything you learn in class will be “hands-on” training!!! If you have a computer that is in need of Virus Removal, bring it with you to class and that will be your first virus removal project. Virus removal typically costs anywhere from $65-$199; depending on how extreme the viruses are and where you take it. You will be needing these services as long as you own a Desktop or Laptop, so why not invest your money into something you can save money on in the long run.
This class is typically 6 hours in length and the total cost is $145. We can provide this class during daytime and evening hours. Contact our office for more details and enrollment dates. We will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.