FRONT OFFICE-MEDICAL ASSISTANT
512 Clock Hours | 16-Weeks
The Front Office-Medical Assistant program prepares graduates to work in front-office positions for a medical practice, healthcare facility, or insurance company. Hands-on experience includes the study of office management, Microsoft Office, medical billing, coding, Electronic Health Records training, patient record-keeping, and professional communication.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the successful student will be able to:
- Perform administrative skills such as scheduling and receiving patients as well as charting and maintaining patient records
- Code, submit, and manage insurance claims accurately
- Communicate effectively; orally and in writing using correct medical terminology
- Relate and apply concepts of communication, reasoning, critical analysis, ethical behavior and appropriate interpersonal interaction to situations in his or her career and personal life
- Demonstrate the social skills, professional appearance, attitudes and behavior that employers expect of all CDI graduates
- Successful completion of the courses listed above
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 35 net words per minute
- Achieve the minimum requirement of the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) component
Graduates of the Front Office-Medical Assistant program may be eligible for entry-level positions such as medical administrative assistant, medical billing specialist, collections clerk, and patient services representative. They may be able to work in locations such as hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, medical supply businesses, and home health agencies, as well as general office settings.